Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Fun But Tiring Sunday





We had a long day today (Sunday) and are ready to hit the sack. However, I did want to post a few photos from our flights to Kiev. We can't figure out how to caption under each photo yet so here are the captions:

Photo #1: Checking in at the airport
Photo #2: Summer boarding her FIRST flight ever - very nervous but also very excited.
Photo #3: At the airport in Frankfurt, Germany
Photo #4: Summer wide awake before boarding our flight from Germany to Kiev
Photo #5: Summer asleep within minutes of leaving the runway in Germany

I will close with a wonderful email we received from Tatyana today. I have included the English translation first followed by her original email in Russian. She is such a sweet child with such a big heart and we can't wait until she is part of our family!!

Hi Sunny, Summer, Steve,
I am very glad that I will see you soon. Larisa (note: her teacher) has told me that you will arrive to see me on October 6.
This news has pleased me.
I very strongly wait for you.
Yours, Tatyana Sara Jewell (note: this is the name she has chosen)
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Привет Санни, Самер, Стив.
Я очень рада, что скоро вас увижу.Лариса мне сказала, что вы будете у меня 6 октября. Меня эта новость порадовала.
Я вас очень сильно жду.
Ваша Тatyana Sara Jewell!
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the last one of Summer!!!!! Sooooo excited for all of you. Can't wait until I see pictures of the family of four!!!!!

    Much Love,
    Angela, Chandler & Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. That e-mail from Tatyana brought tears to my eyes. The Jewell family CLEARLY made a huge impact on her life. What an amazing testimony to God! Thank you, Summer, Sunny, and Steve, for putting our Lord before yourself and choosing to say "yes" to His calling for your lives. I am so touched by this story. Please know that Adam and I will be in prayer for you during your travels! Praise Jesus!

    P.S. Summer...you are a goofball! I love it! Don't ever change! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer: The flies in the Ukraine are very large. If you keep your mouth open just right, they can fly right in. love uncle Patrick. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete